Updated as of March 11, 2022 (Effective Date)
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
Snapology collects Personally Identifiable Information and other information regarding visitors to our Site. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that Snapology has collected and can reasonably link to a specific person or device. We may collect Personally Identifiable Information or other information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site.
Information We Collect Directly from You.
We collect Personally Identifiable Information directly from you in various ways:
- Certain areas and features of our Site may require registration. In order to register for programs and events, you must first complete the registration form. During registration you will be required to give certain contact information (such as name, email address, child’s name, and birthdate). This information is used to contact you about the products and services on our Site in which you have expressed interest and to enroll your child in specific events. At your option, you may also provide additional information about yourself, your child, and family members, but it is not required. You must also provide certain financial information (like credit card number, and expiration date) that will be used for billing purposes only. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
- We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, address, phone number, and email address from you in connection with contests and other promotions that we may conduct or offer through our Site.
- We also host a blog which allows you to post information online. Please note that all of this information will be available for public viewing, so you should not post any information that is considered confidential and/or that you would prefer to keep private.
Information We Collect Automatically.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the Personally Identifiable Information or other information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- To administer contests and other promotions we may conduct from time to time through the Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising on third-party websites.
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Sites, in addition to other endorsements. We may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected].
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information that we collect about you, including Personally Identifiable Information, as follows:
- Affiliates.We may disclose the information we collect from you to our franchisees, affiliates, or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers.We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may disclose your email address to a third-party vendor or service provider for the purpose of sending you updates about your local Snapology location.
- Credit Card Processors.We use an outside credit card processing company to charge customers for programs and services. This company does not share or use personal information for any secondary purpose beyond filling your order.
- Business Transfers.If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process.We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others.We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as evidence in litigation in which Snapology is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information.We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
- Facebook.We also use Personally Identifiable Information and other information provided by users in combination with Facebook to create and target audiences, as well as measure and optimize our advertising. Personally Identifiable Information is locally hashed on our system before we upload and pass such data to Facebook to be used to create a custom audience (the “Hashed Data”), and/or is sent securely via an API. For more information on Facebook Custom Audiencesgo hereor to opt-out, go to the Facebookad preferences page. We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to audiences submitted by us and others. You may control how Facebook and other ad networks display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described below (link to “in the Third-Party Ad Networks section below”).
- Third Parties.We do not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so in advance.
- Disabling Cookies.Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies.Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (aka web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors while using the site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Site. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Conversions API.Conversions APIs allow advertisers to send web events from their servers directly to third party ad networks, such as Facebook. Server events are linked to a pixel and are processed like browser pixel events. This means that server events are used in measurement, reporting, and optimization in the same way as browser pixel events.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-party Ad Network section.
THIRD-PARTY AD NETWORKS
Users in the United States may opt-out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”)Consumer Choice Pagefor information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used byDAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used byNAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA ConsumerChoice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on a consumer choice website, your opt out may not be effective.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites. Please read their respective privacy policies (if any) for information about how these third parties handle the processing of Personally Identifiable Information and other information.
We are headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain through the Site may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to, maintained, accessed and otherwise processed in the United States or another country by us or our service providers for the purposes mentioned above in accordance with applicable law. The privacy laws of these countries may not always offer the same level of protection as in your country.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your accounts and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
CHOICES REGARDING USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
As explained above, Snapology may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you about recommendations or other information we think may interest you. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive such email communications from Snapology, you will have the ability to unsubscribe by means of a link provided in such emails from Snapology. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from Snapology, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us at [email protected]. Please include with your unsubscribe request your first and last name and the email address you wish to unsubscribe from such communications.
LOCATION AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Snapology controls and operates the Site from locations in the United States. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information within and to the United States.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our Site is not designed or intended for use by children under 13 and we do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our systems. Please note that certain features of our Site allow for the posting of testimonials, photos, and videos. If you are posting any materials to our Site, you may not post any materials showing or depicting a child unless you are either the parent and/or legal guardian of that child and authorized to post such material.CONTACT USIf you have questions about this Policy, please contact us by email at:[email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site.